Wednesday, September 23, 2015

No Room for a War Room

I went and saw the movie.
I know you did too.
Who wouldn't...It was amazing, convicting, and Beth Moore was in it for goodness sakes!!!


I came home all ready to get out the masking tape and start pinning all my prayers to the walls of my tiny closet.  Then I remembered, I don't have a closet...actually I have no small room, hidden space, or cubby that I could sit in warrior style.

I have a room upstairs that is used as a storage and the thought of cleaning it out and finding a place for everything in there was overwhelming.


I just wanted Ms. Clara's room!!!!


But, I can't have Ms. Clara's room so I had to put on my thinking cap!

As I thought about it I looked at the 3 kiddos that were running around the house like hooligans.  They need to see me praying.  They need to know what a War Room is.  They need this to be their life-style!

So, I went to work.

I placed my War Room in their Play Room!  I know, sounds like a disaster already!  Why in the world would this Momma do that!!

I'm sure you already are shaking your head and thinking I could use some good advise.

I thought of it as a great opportunity.  A chance.  A hope.  A example.  A witness to my children.

We will war together!!

I will war for THEM, for our kids will change the world, Right!

I looked in the room for a few, then got busy.  What toys couldn't fit into the closet was tossed.  The lego table and desks (that they never use) got moved downstairs.  Everything was taken out til it was empty.  Just a rocking chair and a old cabinet full of books.



Now it's time for tape....lots and lots of tape!

It's coming together now, it's still a place that toys get strung out...all the while I rock in my chair and pray.

I also know that prayer is a private thing at times and so I find myself in there early in the morning reading off the wall and asking God to intercede for my family, community, country, and this world.

I'm no Ms. Clara.
But I am a Momma, a Momma with a desire to witness more of God's power in this land.
I know you are alot like me and want great things for the future.
Let's war in our war rooms, outside of our war rooms, in our cars, in our kitchens, in the morning, and as we sleep.

May God hear our hearts cry out to Him.





 photo signature_zpskokhuoux.png

No comments:

Post a Comment